Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission to fund my avocado habit if you use these links to make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You wont be charged any extra, and you will be keeping me supplied with avocados. Win win, really! I only ever recommend products, tools and services that I personally use and love. You can read my full affiliate disclosure HERE.
Cake for breakfast? YES PLEASE!
This delicious and satisfying bowl of oatmeal has been adapted from NutritionStudies.org
It’s full of goodness and a great way to start your day!
Carrot Cake Oats
- 1 cup oats preferably steel-cut
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/4 cup raisins (~30g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp all spice ground
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed ground
- 2 Tbsp coconut nectar
- 2 Tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- In a small pan over low heat, bring the oats, plant-based milk, and water to a simmer
- Stir in the carrot, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice - continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid is absorbed (7–10 minutes)
- Transfer to bowls, top with the pecans and coconut, and drizzle with coconut nectar