Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission to fund my avocado habit if you use these links to make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You wont be charged any extra, and you will be keeping me supplied with avocados. Win win, really! I only ever recommend products, tools and services that I personally use and love. You can read my full affiliate disclosure HERE.
Happy International Hummus Day!
We eat a LOT of hummus in this house. It’s so quick, easy and cheap to whip up, and tastes way better than anything shop bought! It also seems to last a lot longer too.
Well, except for this chocolate hummus which was devoured in days!
- 12 khalas dates see notes
- 1 400g can of chickpeas pref. no added salt
- 3 Tbsp tahini paste
- 3 Tbsp nut butter I used peanut
- 4 Tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder is fine too
- 2-4 Tbsp plant milk see notes
- a pinch of salt
- Pit the dates to remove the seeds.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until it reaches your desired level of smoothness.