Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission to fund my avocado habit if you use these links to make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You wont be charged any extra, and you will be keeping me supplied with avocados. Win win, really! I only ever recommend products, tools and services that I personally use and love. You can read my full affiliate disclosure HERE.
Kimchi Fried Rice
This is a super speedy weeknight dinner you can throw together in about 15 minutes! All of the veggies can be switched out for whatever is to hand in your fridge, so it's nice and versatile too.
- 2 cups frozen edamame pods
- 2 baby red bell peppers (or one small pepper)
- 2 baby yellow bell peppers (or one small pepper)
- 1 carrot
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 250 grams cooked and cooled brown rice (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup frozen petits pois
- 1/2 cup kimchi* (+ more for on top)
- 1 Tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- Steam edamame for 7-8 minutes while you deseed and dice the peppers and peel and dice the carrot.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan and gently cook the peppers and carrot until softened.
- Once the edamame pods have cooled, pop out the beans and add to the pan.
- Add in the rice, petits pois, kimchi and soy sauce and stir everything to combine and warm through (3-4mins).
- Serve with extra kimchi on top.
*traditional kimchi contains fish sauce and/or shrimp paste so look for a vegan brand if you're 100% plant-based. Some brands also contain MSG, among other additives, so have a read of the label and try to find one with ingredients you recognise.