Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission to fund my avocado habit if you use these links to make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You wont be charged any extra, and you will be keeping me supplied with avocados. Win win, really! I only ever recommend products, tools and services that I personally use and love. You can read my full affiliate disclosure HERE.
This is what we all need right now – a comforting bowl of oats to start the day the right way!
Morning Glory Oatmeal
- 1 cup oats steel-cut or rolled
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk (I used soy milk)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla (essence also works)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 30 g raisins ~1/4 cup
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 apple grated (leave the skin on)
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- Cook oats and spices in the plant-bsed milk for 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
- Add the raisins, carrot and apple, and stir to combine.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for a further 5-6 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed, stirring periodically.
- Take the oatmeal off the heat and add in the ground flax, then stir it through.
- Transfer to a bowl and add whatever toppings you fancy!
Unsweetened dried pineapple