Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission to fund my avocado habit if you use these links to make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You wont be charged any extra, and you will be keeping me supplied with avocados. Win win, really! I only ever recommend products, tools and services that I personally use and love. You can read my full affiliate disclosure HERE.
No Added Sugar Banana Bread
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 5 Tbsp water
- 4 dates, pitted and roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk (I used soy)
- 1/3 cup cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 175c (350F) and line a regular sized loaf pan with baking paper.
- Stir water and flaxseed meal together in a small bowl to make your flax 'eggs' - leave them to stand for a few minuteswhile you chop the dates and walnuts.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together plant milk, oil, vanilla and the flax eggs, then stir in the mashed bananas.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, stirring just to combine - don't overmix. Then transfer the batter to the loaf pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean - about 55 mins to 1 hour.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool for 1 hour before slicing.