Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission to fund my avocado habit if you use these links to make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You wont be charged any extra, and you will be keeping me supplied with avocados. Win win, really! I only ever recommend products, tools and services that I personally use and love. You can read my full affiliate disclosure HERE.
Prebiotic Warm Spring Salad
- 200 grams baby new potatoes (around 16-20 pieces, depending on size)
- 12 spears asparagus
- 6 baby leeks (or one full-sized leek)
- 1/2 Tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil (or EVOO)
- 1/2 cup petits pois frozen
- 1/2 - 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 handful pea shoots
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil (or EVOO)
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- Boil the potatoes for 15-20 mins, until a knife easily passes through them.
- While the potatoes are cooking, wash and trim the asparagus and leeks, then slice into bitesize chunks (around 1 inch).
- Combine the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, and whisk, or add to an empty jar and give them a shake.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them and leave them to cool.
- While the potatoes cool down, heat the oil in a pan and sautée the asparagus and leeks for about 5 minutes until they begin to colour, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Steam the petits pois for 2-3 minutes, and cut the potatoes in half.
- Add the cut potatoes and steamed peas to the pan with the asparagus and leeks, season with the lemon pepper and toss everything together.
- Plate up and garnish with the pea shoots and dressing drizzled over.