Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission to fund my avocado habit if you use these links to make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You wont be charged any extra, and you will be keeping me supplied with avocados. Win win, really! I only ever recommend products, tools and services that I personally use and love. You can read my full affiliate disclosure HERE.
Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large potato
- 750 ml vegetable stock low sodium
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 175c (fan) / 350f
- Pull cauliflower apart into florets and chop any big ones in half - add this to a baking tray drizzled with 1 tbsp EVOO.
- Slice the top off the garlic bulb and drizzle over 1 tsp of EVOO, then wrap completely in foil and add to the baking tray.
- Roast the cauliflower and garlic for 45 minutes, turning the cauliflower halfway through cooking time.
- While they cook, chop the onion into small pieces and peel and chop the potato into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat the remaining oil (2tsp) in a large saucepan and add the onion, frying until translucent.
- Add the potato and cook for a minute before pouring over the stock, then cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- When the cauliflower and garlic are cooked, take them out of the oven and remove the foil from the garlic.
- Squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves into the saucepan (or you can poke them out with a chopstick), and add the roasted cauliflower.
- Blend everything with an immersion blender until smooth (a food processor also works!).
- Season with pepper to taste and enjoy with some warm bread.