Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission to fund my avocado habit if you use these links to make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You wont be charged any extra, and you will be keeping me supplied with avocados. Win win, really! I only ever recommend products, tools and services that I personally use and love. You can read my full affiliate disclosure HERE.
Give this hearty shawarma cauliflower and freekeh pilaf a try for a super satisfying meal that’s perfect for the changing seasons.
Shawarma Cauliflower and Freekeh Pilaf
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp shawarma seasoning⠀
- 2 tbsp EVOO split into 1.5 and 0.5 tbsps
- 1 small red onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 packet Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Freekeh
- 1/2 cup petit pois
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock low sodium
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 175c/350f (fan)
- Cut cauliflower into biteszie florets.
- Place cauliflower florets on a large baking sheet and mix together with 1.5 tbsp EVOO and the shawarma seasoning.
- Put in the oven for 40 mins, turning halfway through cooking time.
- While the cauliflower cooks, add the remaining half tbsp of EVOO to a sautee pan and cook onions over a medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding the freekeh, petit pois/peas and veg stock.
- Cook the pilaf covered for 15 minutes.
- Take a small frying pan and dry fry the pine nuts for 2-3 mins until golden - you'll need to keep them moving so they don't burn.
- Assemble and enjoy!